Monday, June 12, 2006

I take steps daily, that's how I walk. One foot in front of the other. I usually know where I'm going, but most the time I'm not sure why. Sure there's the pacing, which is always a problem. And the unfimiliarity of crowded rooms. I can walk a room full of twenty freinds and have no idea where I should stop walking. When my feet tire of that cherade I resolve to standing. Heck, I'll even sit if there's an empty chair. Maybe even smile and start up a conversation. I usually just drift from wall to wall. One foot in front of the other. Pacing without a clue why.

My specialty is finding a spot near the back, just close enough to take in the whole room. But not too close as if taking up the whole room. I'll lean back in my chair and inhale the laughter. Possibly even throw out a punch line, usually ignored, if I know most everyone. Which I do.

No comments: